Leadership Fauquier was formed because
The sustainable success of our community is dependent upon engaged and informed leaders. Leadership Fauquier was formed to tap into and cultivate the tremendous human capital that exists within our County.
What is leadership fauquier
OUR MISSION IS To engage, equip and connect individuals in Fauquier County for the benefit of our community
WE DO THIS BY . . .
- Offering a 10-month program which educates participants on public, private and non-profit sectors, how they function and what resources are available.
- Offering professional leadership development to program participants
- Fostering a collaborative and engaged Alumni.
- Creating and maintaining a network of active contacts in the public, private and non-profit sector of the community.
- Produce individuals within our community who have a solid and factual understanding of Fauquier County.
- Increase civic participation and volunteerism
- Enhance professional leadership skills within the community
- Maintain an active Alumni that identifies and serves the needs of Fauquier County
This Year’s Partners
Who Attends Leadership Fauquier?
Each year, Leadership Fauquier’s Signature program graduates a class of twenty established leaders from the public, private, non profit sectors of Fauquier as well as the community at large.
Anyone who seeks to become better connected to the community, learn about the challenges and opportunities that face Fauquier, and become an active participant in Fauquier’s future are invited to apply.
How YOU benefit with
- Opportunity to employ leadership strengths, increase leadership skills and recognize arenas in which unique contributions may be applied
- Expanded awareness of issues and challenges facing our community
- Ability to articulate a vision for the community and translate that vision into action
- Networking with fellow community leaders on a personal and professional level
How does YOUR ORGANIZATION benefit?
- Retention of employees with deepened leadership capabilities and a greater understanding of how to maximize community engagement
- Opportunity to showcase your organization’s involvement with the premier leadership organization in the community
- Rewards of networking with a diverse group of dynamic community leaders
- Visible commitment to service in the community
How does the
- Increased source of leaders in the community with broadened perspectives, prepared to effectively and collaboratively lead
- Improved communication network among civil, social, educational and business leaders in the region
- Assistance to leaders in their development, matching their skills and interests with the needs of the community
- The Signature Program holds one program day per month from September to June, beginning with a two day retreat and ending with a graduation ceremony.
- In addition to these program days, homework assignments will need to be completed prior to each session. There will also be a class project that will be completed outside of class time as well.
- After graduation, the participants in each class are encouraged to join the member association for further networking, educational opportunities, and volunteer opportunities.